Can’t get away from morning sickness? Don’t worry-- you’re not alone. About 75% of all pregnant women experience morning sickness. Even if it comes to you throughout the day, there are many ways to cope and minimize nausea. Here are some tips to help you get through your day:
1) Have a snack before you get out of bed. Keep crackers or dry cereal next to your bed. That way you’ll be able to put something in your stomach before your feet even hit the ground.
2) Take your prenatal vitamins with a meal. Vitamins on an empty stomach can trigger nausea.
3) Keep drinking fluids. Try to drink at east eight cups of water a day. If you have trouble drinking water, add in some apple cider vinegar and honey. You could also suck on ice cubes for liquid intake. Chicken broth is also a great liquid to consume and receive some calories at the same time.
4) Eat or drink ginger. Ginger is known for soothing the stomach. Drinking ginger ale and adding raw ginger to tea or water are great sources. Gingerbread and ginger cookies are also a great way to have some ginger.
5) Eat or drink peppermint. Peppermint tea, sweets, and chewing gum are great ways to ease your stomach. Eating or drinking peppermint is better when you’re feeling hot.
6) Sniff fresh scents. When you have a bad odor stuck in your nose, it may cause morning sickness. It is best to sniff fresh scents. Some of the best scents to get rid of sickness and bad smells are lemon extract and rosemary..
Although all methods do not work for everyone, these tips are great starters to rid morning sickness from your pregnancy.